Magento CE Varnish vs Extensions Full Page Cache

I have a good experience with Potato FPC
TTFB is 30ms ( best score first page)
Varnish is not working with SSL - so not for me..

Thanks - it is good to know.
How fast is Varnish? Is it faster than Amasty or Potato FPC?

Последнее редактирование модератором:
I have a good experience with Potato FPC
TTFB is 30ms ( best score first page)
Varnish is not working with SSL - so not for me..

Varnish is not working with SSL default. But it is quite possible to learn to work with SSL.
example:
Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся

speed test with exact measurements are not carried out, but visually - faster than amasty, Potato not compare with

Varnish is much faster than any FPC but it needs more configuration.

Varnish is much faster because it sits in front of your web server, there is no processing needed to generate the page (excluding hole punched blocks). The downside is that a FPC is pretty much plug and play and Varnish needs lots of configuration especially if you want to use it with HTTPS.

Here's a benchmark:

someone suggests using vanish and fpc together.

Varnish and FPC can be used great together. Serve Varnish pages for those who are simply window shopping and once they become a customer (login or add an item to their cart) you switch them over to FPC.

anyone has experience about using them both?

someone suggests using vanish and fpc together.

Varnish and FPC can be used great together. Serve Varnish pages for those who are simply window shopping and once they become a customer (login or add an item to their cart) you switch them over to FPC.

anyone has experience about using them both?
Varnish can't work with FPC together.
Just only one.

The best way is to get just one of them:
FPC or Varnish
Varnish is FPC, so you do not need to use one FPC extension and one Varnish extension together.
Just get a dedicated server with FPC/Varnsh and have fun.

Varnish is not a FPC but reverse proxy, hits from cache will still be served from Magento/application, but Varnish sits on front of your application, so no load will go the server. You can use Varnish and FPC for logged in users. Or you can use Varnish for everything (SSL, logged users an guests), but it is not easy to set up. Also you have one extra layer to maintain. Depending on your template it might be easier to use just PHP7 or HHVM with FPC

Varnish & HTTPS is hard to configure. I tried a lot from different resources on internet.

Please share how to configure them correctly for magento.

Назад
Сверху